Welcome

Wargames Illustrated is the world’s premier tabletop gaming magazine.

It is published every month in both print and digital formats. This website supports the digital format of the magazine AKA: WI Digital.

WHAT IS WI DIGITAL?

It’s an ‘electronic magazine’ version of Wargames Illustrated and is available for Apple iPad, Kindle Fire and Android tablet devices.

It contains all the same content as the printed magazine but with ‘dynamic’ extras.

HOW DO I GET IT?

WI Digital is available for the iPad , Kindle and Android , via iTunes the Amazon Store and Google Play.

You can get to these stores via the relevant App on your device

• Once you are in the App Store search for ‘Wargames Illustrated’.
  • Click to download the App.
  • The App itself is free, it’s only when you download a magazine or subscription that you pay.

For more information on downloading Apps click here

WHAT’S IN WI DIGITAL?

The electronic version of Wargames Illustrated contains all the content from the printed magazine PLUS bonus dynamic content.

WHAT’S DYNAMIC CONTENT?

WI Digital allows you to interact with Wargames Illustrated and your hobby like never before!

Movies

Each month WI Digital includes a short movie related to one of our articles. In recent issues we have featured ‘fly-pasts’ and detailed looks at miniature battlefields, interviews with games designers and post game reactions from players.

00001.MTS.Still001

360-degree figure spins

Viewing WI on your tablet allows you to take 360-degree views of several miniatures and models in the issue.

2014-03-21 15.53.10

Photo Galleries

Space isn’t such a big issue with WI digital, so you will find several galleries containing photos we can’t fit in the printed magazine.

2014-03-21 16.02.39

Bonus Content

More space allows us to include more written content as well – we regularly include bonus text from our contributors.

2014-03-21 16.07.06

A subscription to the digital version of Wargames Illustrated constitutes a considerable saving on the price of a one-year hard copy subscription. As shown in the price examples below –

UK £44.99 – US $59.99 – EU €59.99
Single issues are cheaper too -
 UK £4.49 – US $5.99 – EU € 5.99
We hope you agree this represents great value for money, underlining Wargames Illustrated’s commitment to offering an affordable as well as easily accessible version of the world’s best selling wargames magazine.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY

The WI Digital App is FREE to download and we also offer a FREE sample version of the magazine for you to take a look at before you commit to purchasing.

SOME MORE QUICK-FIRE POINTS

• WI Digital offers ‘pinch-and-zoom’ this allows you to zoom in on any area of the magazine.
  • WI Digital is available for all tablet devices; IT IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PC OR MAC DESKTOP/LAPTOP COMPUTERS.
  • Current subscriptions from the printed magazine are non-transferable to digital.
  • We remain equally committed to the printed version of the Wargames Illustrated – the printed version of the magazine will continue to be produced on a monthly basis.

96 Comments

• Rob Innella says:

I seem to be having the same issue. Tried messaging you via Facebook too. I have a Motorola device and purchased via Amazon App store. Tried updating the app and rebooting the device to no avail.

Thanks,

Rob

• Mark From WI Mark From WI says:

Hi Rob,
      I think we have resolved the problem and there should be no further problems going forward. If you relaunch the apps the issues should now be available to you. If they are not appearing as available you may need to reset the app cache and data from the Device Settings > Installed Applications > War Games App. Or as a last resort, delete the app and reinstall it.

If this does not solve the problem please let me know.
      WI

• Brian Guest says:

Hi, I’ve got a Kindle subscription to WI. The June issue appears to be available
    To purchase but not as part of my subscription.

• Mark From WI Mark From WI says:

Hi Brian, I am sorry to here you are having a problem downloading WI320. Could i first ask you to try turning your kindle off and back on as this well resend the subscription information and should hopefully allow you to download the issue as part of your subscription.

If this does not solve the issue please let me know and ill try solve the issue for you.

Mark,
      WI

• GRAHAM LEWIS says:

My June subscription copy of wI is not available for download without having to purchase it again. Please advise?
    Graham.

• Mark From WI Mark From WI says:

Hi Graham, I am sorry to here you are having a problem downloading WI320. Could i first ask you to try turning your kindle off and back on as this well resend the subscription information and should hopefully allow you to download the issue as part of your subscription.

Mark,
      WI

• GRAHAM LEWIS says:

I subscribed to W I in April and received the May issue and a bonus archive issue. Today I tried to download the June issue but only see a copy that seems to require me to purchase it? Can you advise please.
    Regards GRAHAM

• Dexey says:

I have been unable to download the app for my mini iPad. The icon remains ghosted on my screen. I tried switching the iPad off and on again and lost the icon.
    Any ideas, please?

• Mark From WI Mark From WI says:

Hi there,
      This is odd and it sounds like its more to do with your ipad than the app, If you can remove the app I would suggest trying re downloading it.

WI

• dexey says:

Apple say they are refunding me.
        In the meantime the app shows as present when the mini iPad is connected to iTunes but can’t be found on the actual iPad.

• Mark From WI Mark From WI says:

Are you able to remove the app and try downloading on the iPad using the app store?

WI