FAQ

Question: I have updated the app and now I do not have access to issues I previously brought?

Answer: On an iPad tap on the ‘Missing issues’ icon found in the issues window, this will reload all issues brought with your Apple ID.

missing issues

On an Android or Kindle Fire, please fully close the WI Digital app and re-open the app again. The easiest way to do this is to simply turn your device off and on again. By doing this it will allow the app fully update and load all correct data.

Question: I have downloaded the app and the free sample and know I now want to subscribe/buy an issue but can not return to the menu.

Answer: To navigate the WI Digital app you need to hold your finger down on the screen for a second and this will bring up the navigation bars:
The Bottom bar allows you to access:
Library: where you can purchase new issues or read the issues you own.
Live: where you can find more information on issues contents.Help: Where you can learn how to navigate the WI Digital app.

The Top bar (when reading an issue) allows you too, quickly go back to the library, gain access to a quick open content list and bookmark your favorite pages of articles in an issue.

Still having a problem?

Please email us at digital@wargamesillustrated.net and we will be happy to help.

23 Comments

• Ric Walters says:

I am unable to get the Android App version of this to work. The pages for the publications are blank for the most part, with the occasional page being visible. After trying three different issues, the only one that works properly is ACW-1. Is there a way to have my purchases transferred to the IPad App, so I can read them on my wife’s IPad?

• Mark From WI Mark From WI says:

Hi Ric,

I am sorry to hear about your problem, could you let me know the make and model of your table? We do test every issue we release before releasing it to the public but as the is a wide variety of android tablets we can not confirm every one of them. We do offer a free issue for the user to test there devices compatibility first.
      I am also afraid that there is no way to transfer the content from an Android tablet to an iPad and the purchase is made through Google and Apple.

Mark

• Steve says:

I just purchased the Colonial series Vol 1 to 4 but 1 & 3 are the same issue ie same content. I assume 3 is wrong as I read Vo. 1 first ?

• Mark From WI Mark From WI says:

Hi Steve,

This is an odd problem, could you let me know what kind of tablet you used to download the issues? (iPad, Android) I would recommend archiving this issue and try re downloading it.

Mark

• Andrew says:

Hi Mark
    I tried this again but it did not work. I also checked my purchases on the apple store account. WI313 and WI314 were purchased separately. Subscription purchased in dec13 to start Jan14. I had all my issues until the app upgrade. I have also tried deleting the app from my iPad and reinstalling, no luck. Still missing WI 315, 316 and 317.
    Thanks

• Andrew says:

Hi Mark
    Sorry I have an iPad mini. My subscription started with WI313 Nov 2013. Since the update I have lost issues WI315,WI316 and WI317 and have been unable to retrieve them.
    Thanks for your help.

• Mark From WI Mark From WI says:

Hi Andrew,
      Could you try turning the iPad off and back on and then open the app and click on the missing issue icon, make sure you log in to the iTunes account that purchased the issues. This should give you access to all purchased issues but if it does not please get back to me.
      Thank you.

• Andrew says:

I have updated to the new app on my iPod. I have used the missing issues icon but I am still missing all but the April issue from this year.

• Mark From WI Mark From WI says:

Hi Andrew,
      Can you confirm whether you mean iPad or iPod, and also what issues you have previously purchased/ when you started a subscription?